- Volume No.:
- Cara Acred
- Independence Educational Publishers
- Replaces Issue:
- Vol.225 LGBT Equality
Go to: Key Facts
- At least 76 countries have laws in effect that criminalise private, consensual same-sex relationships, and in at least five countries conviction may carry the death penalty.
- Research suggests 1% of the population (more women than men) are asexual.
- One in two young people say they are not 100% heterosexual.=
- 72% of the British public place themselves at the completely heterosexual end of the Kinsey scale, while 4% put themselves at the completely homosexual end and 19% say they are somewhere in between – classed as bisexual in varying degrees.