- Volume No.:
- Cara Acred
- Independence Educational Publishers
- Replaces Issue:
- Domestic and Relationship Abuse
Go to: Key Facts
- Two women are killed every week in England and Wales by a current or former partner (Office of National Statistics, 2015) – one woman killed every three days.
- One in four women in England and Wales will experience domestic violence in their lifetimes and 8% will suffer domestic violence in any given year (Crime Survey of England and Wales, 2013/14).
- 12.2% of men state they have been a victim of domestic abuse since they were 16. For every three victims of domestic abuse, two will be female and one will be male.
- 1.1 million women and 720,000 men reported domestic violence in the past year.
On a typical day, 103 children and 155 women are
turned away from refuges in England because there is
no space for them.