- Volume No.:
- Cara Acred
- Independence Educational Publishers
- The longest life on record is that of Jeanne Calmen, who was 122 years old when she died in 1997.
- The number of people aged 80 years will get four times bigger between now and 2050.
- 60% of older people in the UK agree that age discrimination exists in the daily lives of older people.
- There are an estimated 36 million dementia sufferers worldwide.
Table of Contents
Chapter One: Ageing Issues
What is ageing?
Are you ready? What you need to know about ageing
Talkin' 'bout my generation
What is ageism?
Does life begin again at retirement?
More than one in five British pensioners at risk of poverty
Close to home
What is social care? How could it be paid for in the future?
Chapter Two: Health and Ageing
Top ten tips for better ageing
What is dememtia?
Elderly drinking is on the rise
Exercise for the elderly
Getting the elderly online