- Volume No.:
- Cara Acred
- Independence Educational Publishers
- Replaces Issue:
- Vol.47 Disability Issues (978 1 86168 580 3)
Go to: Key Facts
- More than ten million people in the UK are disabled, 770,000 of whom are children.
- Only 17% of disabled people are born with their disability. Most disabled people have had to adjust to their disability as adults.
- Less than one in five people with a learning disability work (compared with one in two disabled people generally), but we know that at least 65% of people with a learning disability want to work.
- Eight out of ten children with a learning disability are bullied.