- Volume No.:
- Cara Acred
- Independence Educational Publishers
- Replaces Issue:
- Vol.42 Homelessness in Society
Go to: Key Facts
- There were an estimated 1,247 people sleeping rough in 2009 and 1,768 people sleeping rough in 2011.
- 51,640 households were in temporary accommodation on 30 June 2012.
- Over 70% of people using homeless services report experiencing mental distress.
- About one in ten rough sleepers are women.
- £26,000 is the estimated average cost of a homeless person each year to public purse. £1 billion is the estimated annual cost of homelessness.