- Volume No.:
- Cara Acred
- Independence Educational Publishers
- Replaces Issue:
- Vol.203 The Gambling Problem
Go to: Key Facts
- The odds of winning the National Lottery jackpot are about one in 14 million.
- In 2012–13, the Government received £1.7 billion in betting and gaming duties.
- The number of people gambling online increased from 23% in 2011/12 to 26% in 2012/13.
- In total, almost two-thirds (62%) of betting shops are in areas with lower than average levels of deprivation.
- The UK gambling industry employs some 214,000 people.