- Volume No.:
- Cara Acred
- Independence Educational Publishers
- Replaces Issue:
- Vol. 32 Citizenship and Identity
- A poll on British attitudes to nationality found that people in England, Scotland and Wales most associate the Union Jack with monarchy, the British Empire and sacrifice in the World Wars.
- The United Kingdom consists of England, Wales, Soctland and Northern Ireland.
- The UK is also home to a wide range of immigrant communities, mainly from its former colonies in the West Indies, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Africa.
Table of Contents
Chapter One: Britishness and the UK
What is citizenship education?
United Kingdom: facts
What does the Union Jack mean to you?
Citizenship test to be rewritten by the Government
Seven in ten Britons faily citizenship test
What does Britishness mean to you?
How to be British
Minorities 'feel more British'
Chapter Two: Politics in the UK
Devloved government in the UK
Types of voting systems
For and against: lowering the voting age
Soctland's future - the referendum consultations
UK Youth Parliament Manifesto 2013