Business and Trade
- Publish Date: 2016-05-01
- Covering Ages: 14 to 18 years
- Volume No.: 298
- Editor: Cara Acred
- Replaces Issue: Vol.227 Ethics in Business
£3.00 UK standard delivery
Free UK returns
The landscape of business and trade in the UK is constantly changing. This book explores current statistics, opportunities for small businesses and the outlook for graduates who wish to become self-employed. It also looks at business education, asking whether it is effective and relevant enough in the current economic climate. New ventures such as crowd funding are also considered, alongside the benefits of family-run businesses. And, finally, the second chapter looks at corporate responsibility – from tax scandals to ethics in the workplace.
- In 2015, there were 5.4 million businesses in the UK.
- In 2015, over 99% of businesses are small or medium sized businesses – employing 0–249 people.
- In 2015, 5.1 million (95%) businesses were micro-businesses – employing 0-9 people. Micro-businesses accounted for 33% of employment and 18% of turnover.
- There were 351,000 business births and 246,000 business deaths in 2014.
|Product Name||Business and Trade|
|Model Number||978 1 86168 739 5|
|Department||Economics and Welfare|
Publish Date: 2016-05-01
Covering Ages: 14 to 18 years
Volume No.: 298
Editor: Cara Acred
Replaces Issue: Vol.227 Ethics in Business
Request Information Form
Please use the form below to request information about this product.